Badminton

Badminton

Saturday, January 22, 2011

First weekend on the 2011 Weight Loss Mission

This weekend is shaping up to be pretty good.  I have been able to stick to a complete healthy meal pattern and so far so good...haven't fallen off the wagon.

I can honestly say that the last 6 days, I have never eaten so healthy.  I am even amazing myself right now.  I have gone to the pool 5 days this week and plan on finishing the week off tomorrow morning with one more appointment in the swimming pool.

I am already starting to feel better, and thats a good thing, cause prior to this week..I had been feeling like crap everyday.  I guess the saying is true...you are what you eat, and if you eat healthy you will feel healthy.

I have been really good with my meals too.  I hope I don't get too bored of them, but I am pretty much eating the same things each day. 

Every morning I start off with an mushroom omelette, with a fruit or two.  Then during the course of the day I end up eating two salads with some kinds of lean protein, whether it be in chicken or fish...and I have at least one protein shake a day.  If I find myself feeling a bit hungry, I will usually add another protein shake to my meal plan.  My fave snack that I find I enjoy a lot are grape tomatoes and mushrooms and I eat them with Hummus.  I am loving this so far and I hope I don't start getting bored with my food.

One thing I have identified to be a huge killer for me are restaurants or any type of take out.  I have declined invitation all week to go out and eat or drink.  For the time being, I will try my best to avoid any type of food that is not made by my own hands.  I feel this will be key to my success.  I know a lot of people thing that going to restaurants and such are ok, as long as you eat healthy but over the course of my life, I have obviously haven't been able to stick to eating healthy all the time when I eat out..so I just have to cut it out for now.  Someday I guess I will add eating out at restaurants again to my life..but for now..staying away.

Talk soon

No comments:

Post a Comment