Badminton

Badminton

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First weight in for 2011 - 510 pounds

Well today was my first visit with a doctor in 2011.  I haven't weighed myself since early December 2010 when i was 500 pounds even.

Today was a different story...although not as horrible as I thought, caue the past month and a half I have been a wreck food wise, I weighed in at 510 pounds.

This past month and a half had been horrible for me food wise.  Although I eat a lot of great healthy meals each day, I was going out way too much at night and eating out way way too much.  Natcho's, wings, pizza, chinese food had gotten the best of me.  To only gain 10 pounds, was some sort of relief cause I could have gained a lot more.

Today is part of a new year, and this past month and a half is gone.  So time to get the show going..LONG TERM.  I need to concentrate on more on healthy eating, daily exercises and cutting out my restaurant and bar visits.  Bar food is really a killer, not that we don't already know that.  This past month I have also found myself drinking a lot more than I usually do.  I am not really one that enjoys alcohol but lately I have found myself have a few beer or drinks each time I go out.  I have stopped that immediately and resorted back to water and the odd diet cola. 

One thing that is in my mind a lot lately is the gastric bypass surgery and how a lot of people are suggesting it.  I have spoken to a lot of well respected doctors and they all seem to be against it but they also seem to think that if thats what its going to take to finally help me reach my long term goal, then I should consider it.

I have done my own research on gastric bypass surgery and although a lot of people have lost weight from it, it's long term effects physically and emotionally may not have the most favorable results.  There is also a huge lifestyle change you have to adhere too if you plan on having the surgery.  The way I am looking at it right now, is that if I have to change my lifesyle for surgery, why not just change it for my own well being.

I know I can fight beat this battle I am having with my weight and in succeding I will have to do it naturally through hard work, determination and focus.  Stay on the wagon and don't get off...EVER...Its tough when you lived your whole life a certain way, but since the way I lived doesn't come highly reccomended, then a change is needed and I will do it.  I am tired of not being able to enjoy my life the way I see my friends enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment