Badminton

Badminton

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Journey Continues: Another Good Week

I am really looking forward to this weeks weigh in.  Curioius to see if my healthy lifestyle changes are making the difference I need to drop the weight.

This week, I purchased a membership at a local fitness place here in Barhaven.  This place is great.  I have 24hour access to the facility and its only a few blocks away.  It was very affordable and I can stop the contract at any time without any penalty's.  And it sure beats spending 3000$ on a decent treadmill.

I was kinda dissapointed with my weight loss last week, and maybe that was a good thing, cause it keep me thinking on how I can improve each week.  7 pounds was a good start, but in the past the first 2 weeks, the weight always dropped so dramatically.  I think this time around is different for many reasons.  The main reason is my exercise.  I have been going to the pool for almost a year now on a consistant basis but never backed that up with healthy eating.  I am thinking that although the pool is great and makes me feel good, my body has become adapted to this workout and I have kind of plateaud.

This week and from here on out I have added the treadmill to my exercise.  So far, I have went twice since this past Friday, but its not easy for me as I can't do more than 10 minutes for now.  I am not too concerned cause as long as I keep it up I will be doing half and hour non stop in no time and then the pounds should melt away much quicker.  Just what I need, the extra shock to my body to help me with weight loss.

My eating has been pretty much perfect.  This weekend I did add a small whole grain Pita to my diet and made a sandwich for one of my meals.  I added a lot of veggies and lean meat to the sandwich.  It was great and the calorie count on the sandwich was under 450.  Perfect for a smaller size meal.

I am looking forward to Wednesday when I weight in next and I will post something again then.

No comments:

Post a Comment